Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Settling In

Once again, I find myself way behind in updating this blog. Unfortunately, the house plans have been put on hold until spring as Mike has not been able to find a job. He did have an interview this morning, so hopefully, next week we might have some good news to report.

In the meantime, we have settled in here nicely. We've worked out most of the kinks of melding two families together in one house. Every day we are ever so grateful that when Joe and Carole picked out this house, it was a good sized one!

Since I'm so far behind, I will update a little today, and more tomorrow. First off, we have found a wonderful church and have been welcomed into a new family. The girls and I were invited in November to pick apples at one of the families orchards, and learned to make and can applesauce. That was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to next year and learning lots of other growing, canning, and freezing tips from Vernelle and the other farmers at the church.





Well, we're off to a surprise 50th Birthday party for our Pastor's wife, so I will close for now.

"I will proclaim Your name to my brethren, in the midst of the congregation I will sing Your praise." Hebrews 2:12

No comments: