Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ooops, missed a week!

Yep, I missed last week's post. I do have a good excuse though. I was busy packing for the Women's Retreat. What fun! Nine of us ladies from our church drove to the ends of the earth to meet with lots of other ladies to spend the weekend in fellowship, worship, and study. It wasn't really the end of the earth, but it sure seemed like it after 5 hours of driving through the woods. I can honestly tell you that I have no idea where we were, but we had a fun time getting there. :o) The retreat itself was great, but being a newbie at church, I think I mostly enjoyed getting to know the other ladies. All-in-all, it was a wonderful weekend.

We are still waiting to hear about the house. We went to the Realtor's last week to resign the papers that they sent back. Right now, we're just waiting for them to sign and set a closing date. I am trying sooooooo hard to be patient, but it can be difficult at times. I would appreciate any prayers lifted on my behalf.

We took Angel back to the doctors today to look at her knee once more. There's still fluid there, and the pain is still the same. Thankfully, it only hurts when she kneels down, and that's something she can easily avoid doing. She will start physical therapy, and the doc drew 4 vials of blood to run tests on. Angel seems more concerned about her cat, Princess than her knee. Princess's eyes were swollen shut for several days with some kind of cold. They seem to be better now. Once we get settled in our own place, and away from all of the cats here, we'll take her in for a complete check up. Thankfully, we had her vaccinated for everything before we left Japan.

Mike has been able to get some extra hours in at work. He had his first substitute job last week, and he's teaching twice this week. His boss at the computer store asked him to work full time hours next week as they have a big job to do for a company. He's also had an interview and a few replies to applications he's turned in. I know God has something in mind for him somewhere, we just don't know where yet. Again, prayers for patience, and just trusting in Him would be greatly appreciated. It's easy to say, but oh, so hard to do!

Well, I guess I should close here. I think I might go work on some pages for Michelle's scrapbook. Till next week...

God's love and blessings

No comments: