Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm a Grandma-again

I first became a Grandma when Angel adopted her cat Princess, now my youngest has become the mother to a beautiful monarch butterfly. Length: 2 inches, width: 4 inches, black fuzzy body, orange, black and yellow wings, sex: I have no idea! Isn't it beautiful?

In work related news, Mike really likes his new job. I like that he gets home pretty early and we still have the afternoons to spend together. Nick was just hired at the Subway here in town. It's not much, but it will help towards his college. And, I'm hoping to get a card class going in a couple of weeks--maybe that will help me get my Stampin' Up! business up and running again.

I've been having so much fun outside these last few weeks. The weather here is great and there's so many new things to discover on our property. The girls and I went out picking berries again today and harvested some of the herbs in the garden. Here's a picture of today's harvest.

It's not much for berries. Last week I pretty much filled this basket with raspberries each day. The raspberries are slowing down and the black berries are just starting to ripen. I also think the birds have finally found my brambles and are beating me to them. By next week this basket should be filled with blackberries every other day or so if I can beat the birds. Unfortunately, the blackberries are a lot harder to get to than the raspberries and they are a LOT more thorny. The white flowers in the basket are chamomile that I dry and make tea with. The leaves are oregano, basil, and chocolate mint. I'm drying those right now in my dehydrator along with the chamomile. Yes, my kitchen smells a bit different right now, especially since Angel and I just processed a bunch of the berries to make syrup with later.

We're supposed to get rain for the next few days, so I'm going to find lots of indoor things to do. I need to go through our school books and get next year's curriculum out and get the bookshelves organized. After that, I think I'm going to work on Birthday cards and some scrapbook pages. Mike and Nick are working on Nick's car to see if they can get it working pretty soon. I would appreciate any prayers lifted up in their behalf. I can't seem to keep enough band-aids in the house for them when they're working on cars! :o)

Well, I'm off to get dinner started. Till next week...
God's love and blessings to you!

No comments: