Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I think I need knee pads!

It's amazing how one or two people's decisions can affect so many others. This week I have spent much time in prayer and supplication, both for friends who I know are hurting, and for our own family. I won't get into all the details, but suffice it to say, God is still God and He is more than capable of taking care of our concerns. Sometimes we simply need to ask for His perspective on things, and the things that seemed so awful and heart wrenching can come into better focus. I can truly say that I have felt His awesome peace and comfort this week. If not, I would be a bawling mess. The theme for our upcoming Ladies' Luncheon at church is "The God of all Comfort". How appropriate for me this week. My only wish is that it didn't take such horrendous circumstances to make me spend this much time talking with my Lord. Don't get me wrong, I have my devotion times and pray throughout the day, but this week has been different. I found myself praying almost non-stop, and about all different things. I hope that I will continue in this fellowship. It has truly been sweet.

Other life notes for us--the kids and I did a bit of exploring today on the property. The snow has begun to melt, and the creek in front of our house has water in it for the first time since we moved in here. In fact, at one point today it was flowing over our little bridge. It's supposed to continue raining a bit the next few days and be warm enough to melt more snow. I don't know if this is what it does every spring, but it's pretty cool to watch!

This is the "dry" creek next to our house. That's a lot of water!

I guess that's about it for us. Till next time...

God's love and blessings.

No comments: