Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

What an emotional week!

My children tease me that I have "leaky faucets". I admit it-I cry. I cry when I'm happy, sad, proud, angry. Pretty much any emotion can make me cry, so, needless to say, I did a lot of crying this week. Our church held a wonderful service in Nick's honor Sunday evening as a way of encouraging, challenging, and simply loving him. It was wonderful! I cried through most of it. :o)

Monday was the big day. We spent most of the morning and afternoon getting Nick and his room all packed up. We left in the late afternoon and went out for a nice dinner at Olive Garden. After that, it was time to drop him off at the hotel where he spent the night. Thanks to my families' silly sense of humor, it was easier than we expected. :o) I hope we left Nick with happy memories and not feeling incredibly sad. Our biggest reminder to him was to remember that he is never alone. NEVER! God is always there and a much better friend than we could ever be.

He had to be up at 4:30 am to do a weigh in and last minute paperwork stuff. We heard from him twice on Tuesday, once when he arrived at the airport in MN and again after safely arriving in Texas. Now we're just waiting for a phone call to give us his address. The recruiter said the call will be short, just enough time to give us the address and let us know he's OK. I will be sure and post his address on my Facebook page for anyone who would like to write to him. Although I am sad and miss him, I know that this step will be good for him. If nothing else, maybe he'll learn how to keep his room clean! :o)

Today is another special day for us. We are celebrating Angel's 16th birthday. Actually, we did most of the celebrating before Nick left, but today is the official day. Mike is taking the girls out for dinner tonight while I stay at home waiting for that phone call and enjoying some quiet time. I can't believe she's 16 already. Why is it that the older we get the faster time seems to go by? Although we've had some rough spots here and there, I am truly blessed to have her as my daughter. I am learning to step back and watch her grow into a beautiful young woman. Of course, that beautiful part worries me tremendously!

That's about it for this week. If I go much more into detail about the week I'll probably start crying, so I should close here. Here are a couple of the pictures we took Monday night.


Till next time,
God's love and blessings.

1 comment:

Ymina said...

Tammy, you write so beautifully sometimes. I know and understand what you are going through. Ken and I had 2 weeks without Yossi, 2 weeks of me worrying, is my son alright? Two weeks of sleepless nights, and constant prayer to Hashem, (G-d) asking, begging, for my son to come home safely from his trip to Guatemala. He arrived last night, and I couldn't stop hugging him.
Nick has been in our thoughts too. Ken can't believe how much he has grown up, and the first time I met him, he was still a little boy. (Do you remember? Summer of 1996 when Jennifer married Jason)He is such a wonderful young man, he will make you proud, just you wait. This is the best time for him to learn that life is full of responsibilties, but with great responsibilites, can come greater rewards. Hashem, will watch over your son, he's in good hands. :) Take care and B'H. (Baruch Hashem- G-d's Blessings in Hebrew)
Kristin Clawson

P.S. Ken and I leave for California in the morning, we can send him a postcard if you would like. Let Ken know on Facebook. We're bringing my laptop.

P.P.S.
Ymina is my hebrew name, (its on my Israeli passport.-yes I have one. lol) I blog for a Jewish site on Blogger.com and its easier for me to sign Ymina than Kristin....alliviates any questions if you get my meaning. :)