Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Ooops, it's been a while!

I just went back and read my last post. I didn't realize it had been that long since I'd updated this. In my last blog entry (back in April!) I mentioned how spring had sprung and the tulips were out. Little did I know then that God planned a little more winter for us--in fact, 3 more inches of it--in May!

Here's my tulips after a surprise winter storm. We even had enough snow to make a snowman and Michelle and I enjoyed a snowball fight before everything melted.

Isn't he cute?

By the end of May though, we were back to enjoying our beautiful spring time weather. We got the vegetable garden in and we're currently working on removing sod to put in another flower bed. Our lawn mower wasn't working for a few weeks and while it was down, the front "yard", which is more of a meadow started sprouting flowers all over the place. I'm hoping to transplant a bunch of the daisies, lily-of-the-valleys, daylilies, and peonies into a bed where they won't get mowed down. We're still debating on how long we're going to let the meadow grow, but for now I'm totally enjoying all the flowers.

The flowers are enjoying all the extra rain we've been getting this year. We've had so much rain that our creek has had running water in it twice since the snow melt. We didn't have water in the creek at all last year. All this rain will mean big juicy raspberries and blackberries! YUM!


This is 3 of several hundred blackberry canes on the property, and as you can see, they are going to have a LOT of berries. Looks like I better stock up on some jars and make sure I got my canning gear ready. :o) Blackberry syrup...raspberry jam...YUMMY!

Well, since it's been a while, I have a lot more to write, especially about our trip to Texas to see Nick, but I will wait until later to write. I need to get some more work done around here.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!


No comments: