Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Summer Fun Part 2--A Little Late

So, yes, I realize summer is long over. In fact, we've already had our first snow fall here, but I thought I would catch up on some of the fun things we did this summer before I move on to October's happenings.

We were able to meet up with one of our friends as she was flying through our area one afternoon. We decided a trip to the zoo would be perfect that day. I took quite a few photos, but I thought I'd just show you some of our favorites.


 Our zoo also has a conservatory with lots of different plants.
 These are the most unusual flowers I think I've ever seen.
We also spent an afternoon at one of the local county fairs. Actually, Mike and I were asked to be judge and technician for the talent show at the fair, otherwise, we might not have gone. Michelle was able to enjoy a couple of the rides and snacks, of course. 


And here's a couple of random fun photos for the summer. Michelle was making her favorite dinner (kielbasa with mac-n-cheese) while I worked on a cake. She got the awesome hat at a birthday party earlier in the year and loves to wear it whenever she can. 
One afternoon, Michelle and her friend spent several hours playing outside with their new "pets". Looks like quite a feast they were having there.
I did pick berries again this year, but there weren't very many. Not sure why since we had a LOT of rainfall. I think Layla picked more burrs on each trip out than I got berries.


Whew! That's it. I finished up our summer adventures. Maybe I'll have some time tomorrow to catch y'all up on October's.

No comments: