Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Valentine Tea Party

Hello there! So I know it's not Valentine's Day, it's not even February anymore, but time just got away with me these last few weeks with all the fun kitchen renovations going on, along with some health issues I've been dealing with. I still wanted to share with you the fun little get-together my 11 year old planned, along with her two pals.

Our home school group has done a Valentine's party for the last several years, but this year, we weren't sure it was going to happen. Then Michelle and her 2 besties decided they would like to host a Valentine's Tea Party with their close friends. Their mom and I helped in the planning, but the girls did a lot of the work on their own.

I found this Valentine Crossword for the girls to do as the guests were arriving. They actually had more fun finding words in it that weren't on the list. They also brought Valentines to exchange with each other.
The chalkboard banner is from Stampin Up! The heart banner is one I made last year with a LOT of hearts we had punched out for another project and didn't end up using. I simply ran them through my sewing machine one after another. 

 The girls made little take-home favors for each of their friends.
Michelle's friends came over early the day of the party to help decorate and to make these heart shaped scones for our first course. It's amazing how hard it is to follow a recipe when you have multiple things going on at once. We may or may not have left the butter out of one of the batches. Thankfully, they all came out yummy!
The second course was peanut butter and jelly, and cucumber sandwiches. Apparently I didn't get any photos of those. For dessert, her friends brought these yummy Honey Cookies they made, and we all had fun dipping strawberries. YUM!
After the tea, we played a few minute-to-win-it games and a couple rounds of Bingo. 

Before the girls went home, my friend did a wonderful Bible study on God's love and our need of His forgiveness. He is, by far, our best Valentine! Speaking of Valentines and God's love, I will leave you with this cake I did for our February Fellowship Supper at church. My first attempt at a chalkboard cake. I enjoyed designing this one a lot.
Anyway, I better go. I've got some catch up work to do around the house.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: