Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Introduction

I've finally jumped into the blogging world. I have 2 blogs-this one to keep family and friends up to date on our latest family happenings, and the other to help encourage other's creative spirits.

Heres's a quick update on us:

We are currently stationed in Iwakuni, Japan (August 2008) where we have been for the last 6 years. The beginning of next month will start a new chapter in our lives, and a "grand adventure" as we leave the Marine Corps behind and begin our lives as civilians. A few years ago, while home on vacation, we purchased 17 acres in Frederic, WI where we plan on building our house. I can't wait to have a place of my own, and I'm especially looking forward to the basement that will be turned into our classroom/craftroom.

A little bit about each of us--Michelle will be turning 5 September 7th. Since most of our stuff will be packed out before her Birthday, we will celebrate a little early. Angel is 14, and quite the little business woman. She has started her own jewelry making business along with babysitting, and at the present moment holds a job at the base Exchange. She's saving money for college and a new bedroom set for her new room. :o) Nick just graduated from MC Perry High School and is looking at technical colleges near us in WI. We've home schooled the kids for the last 6 years, except for Nick who opted to attend MC Perry for his senior year. He really enjoyed his yearbook class and business class where he got to work at the base radio station. Mike has been busy finishing up his Bachelor's degree and looking for a job. I've also kept him busy on our house plans and preparations! :o) As for me, I'm usually busy with the kids, house, or some kind of craft project. I enjoy teaching papercrafting classes as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and cake decorating classes.

Enjoy your day, and I'm off to go sort through closets and get rid of stuff we don't want to move!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

No comments: