Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm a day late.

I am late, but I have a good excuse. I was waiting to hear from our Realtor so I could update you on the house. He called this afternoon (yeah!) and told us everything looks good. They haven't signed the papers yet, but they asked for a copy of the earnest money check and the pre-approval from the bank. So, if they want us to put the earnest money down, they must be willing to agree to our terms and pay the closing costs. Woo hoo!!!! We're going to go see the Realtor tomorrow with the check and letter and then possibly stop by the house and take some measurements for the new carpeting we'll need to get.

Another blessing this week, Nick passed the written portion of the driving test, and they waived the 6 month waiting period for the driving portion. He'll get the permit in the mail, and they said he could come in a week or so later to take the driving test. It's good news for me, but Nick says he's not looking forward to driving to school and eating lunch by himself twice a week. I have to say I will miss the chats we have on the drive.

I took pictures last week at the church snow soccer game, but Nick still has my memory card so I haven't downloaded them to my computer yet. God was really nice and dropped a few inches of snow for us the night before, so we had plenty for the game. It was a lot of fun. Mike was supposed to take pictures of the Lippizan stallions for me that day, but they wouldn't allow him to take the camera into the building. Oh well. Angel said it was a neat show and that they had a good time. Grandma was a bit disappointed that they weren't the stallions from Austria, but some place here in America.

Well, it looks like the next few weeks will be our chance to help stimulate the economy as we shop for things for the house. We will need a washer, dryer, stove, and, as I mentioned before, carpeting. I'm sure there's a few other things we're going to need, but those will have to wait a bit.

I guess I should be going. I was working on a cake I'm making for church Sunday, which required kneading blue food coloring into some fondant. This is not a neat process, and my blue stained fingers and nails are driving me crazy. I think I'm going to go soak them and see if I can find a way to exfoliate it away. Till next week...

God's love and blessings!

No comments: