Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Family Friday

So I've been missing in action for a couple of weeks. As you may have imagined, once we started our home schooling year, my free time kind of dwindled a bit. It didn't help that I had a birthday party to plan and several intense cakes to do. I will post more about most of the cakes over on my craft website later, but I will show one of them here because it was for a special little 8 year old's birthday-namely, Michelle's. Here is the cake I made for her. I'm posting a lot of pictures because there were so many cute details on it.
This was a fun theme to play with.
LOVE the little caterpillars!
The ladybugs and bees were cute too. :o)

I think this little guy was my favorite. :o)

 I took these as the party was getting started, but then I got so busy with the girls and the activities that I forgot to take pictures of any of the girls! Next year I'm going to hire someone to take pictures for me. 

Here are a couple of birthday pictures I did get of Michelle before and after her party. I woke her up with breakfast in bed (she talked about this to anyone who would listen for about a week after).


She loved the happy face I made with blackberries.
 And here she is in the birthday shirt. I made this shirt when Nick was little and each year they pose with it on for me to get pictures and see how big they've grown. If I could do it again, I would have bought a large men's shirt instead of a medium. Nick outgrew this one sometime in his teen years.
I guess I should get off of here now. Mike took Michelle to a football game, and Angel went to another football game with some friends so I'm home alone. I think I will take advantage of the quiet and either get some reading done, or see about processing some of those berries stashed away in my freezer. :o)

Till next time...
God's love and blessings


No comments: