Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

September Part 3

Hello there! So, how are you today? We're doing fine here in chilly, Wisconsin. Enjoying the 4 1/2 inches of snow we got this week. I know, I'm crazy, but I just love snow. It's so fun to go to bed in a fall colored world and wake up to this.
Michelle and I always get some good PE time in on snow days as we love to hike through the woods and look for animal tracks.
Looks like a deer made it through here before we did.
Actually, Michelle's favorite part is knocking the snow off the tree limbs. :o) She usually tries to knock the snow onto me, but since I had the camera out this time, she was the trail blazer and helped clear the way so I wouldn't have to crawl through.
The snow was too cold and powdery the first day, but the warmer temps helped melt it a bit and we were able to pack it together yesterday. Meet Autumn, the singing snow lady.

Well, the title says this is about September, so I should get back to that. Last year I wrote about my handsome hubby's family grill off. We went again this year, only this time we were competitors and not just spectators. Here's my man and his grill.

There was so much food! And it was so yummy! I'm so glad I was not a judge. They had the hard part-figuring out which one was the best.
What a fun way to have a get-together. Family, food, and fun competition. Did I mention yummy food? Why yes, that is chocolate, caramel covered bacon on a stick--YUMMY!
For me, though, the best part was getting to know the family better, and seeing my Mother-in-law having a good time with her siblings. She's the baby of the family and hasn't seen these guys in quite some time. I am so glad we were able to bring her out and that they had a good time reminiscing. Next time I want to be able to sit by them more, (instead of running around getting food ready) so I can hear more of their stories. So fun.
On a totally different note, I will close with a thought from our services this evening at church. We are watching a series of videos by Jim Berg. When we find ourselves in hot water (trials, everyday life situations), remember that it isn't the water that determines the flavor, but what's in the tea bag. I pray that tomorrow my cup will be full of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness; but I know that will not happen unless I fill myself with Him first and allow Him to work in my life and change me into the "tea" that He desires me to be. :o)

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: