Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Letter 2013


Merry Christmas to you! I know, I'm still behind on my updates. This time I have a good excuse...Christmas! It's that time of year again, and life is super, crazy busy. But in a good way. I've been making HUGE messes in the craft room and kitchen working on various projects and gifts. I still have 10 more gingerbread houses to bake today and then cards to make and addressed and get mailed out, so, since Layla wrote such a wonderful letter for our cards, I thought I would post it here to finish up my updates for the year. Lord willing, I will do a much better job of updating in the new year. We'll see, but don't hold your breath or anything. :o)
_______________________________________________________________
Well, hello there! It's me, Layla. You may remember me from Coco's letter a couple of years ago when I joined the Henderson family. Princess was supposed to write the annual Christmas letter last year, but she was too busy chasing mice to figure out how to use this keyboard thing. Now it's my turn to give you an update on this past year. 


Let's see, in April, Angel flew to a far-away place called California for a couple of days. When she came back there was a new ring on her hand. Mom says she's married now and that's why she's moved out to California and lives with Tyler. He's pretty nice, He knows all the right places to scratch when he comes to visit, but unfortunately, they haven't been to visit in a while. :o(
 
Mr. and Mrs. Brooks. That has a nice ring to it. 
 

May was pretty eventful. Dad, Mom, Michelle and even Grandma Carole left for a couple of days to Iowa. When they came back Dad was wearing this funny looking hat with a tassel hanging from it. They wouldn't let me play with it, though I really wanted to. Dad says he has a Master's Degree now. Not sure what that means, but he sounds pretty smart to me. Then Dad, Mom and Michelle spent a week in Colorado visiting Mom's family and celebrating "graduations". I seemed to hear that word a lot in May. 
 
Doesn't he look smart?

They left us again in July to go to some place called Texas. Grandma Carole didn't go, but Aunt Darlene did and Nick, so Coco and I got to go stay at Grandma Carole's and hang out with Butch, Ben and Radar. Princess stayed at home to guard the house. Anyway, when they got back they told us they had lots of fun visiting with family and going to a wedding.
 
September was just crazy! There were people coming and going all over the place. First they took Angel to the airport to move out to California. That was a very sad day for us. I miss her. :o( Then Dad and Mom took Michelle on a surprise trip for her birthday to a water park. I like water, and I like parks. I hope they take me next time. Then there was a trip to Michigan for a couple of days, and another one to Duluth. That one only Mom and Dad went on. They said something about a 25th anniversary. They sure were smiling when they left for that trip, not to mention when they got back. Oh, and then we had visitors! Aunt Pam, Grandpa Gary and Grandma Diana came out for a couple of days and then Grandma Fay came. What fun we all had. I always love when there's more people around to give me scratches and lovin's. :o) 
 
Hey, hey! That's me and Coco. See, we give lots of lovin's too.


   
Did you know they were still taking trips in October?! Dad, Mom and Michelle left for a weekend to Madison. Dad said he had to go to some classes there, which sounded very boring, but Michelle was telling me all about the animals she got to see at the zoo and the fun stuff she did at the museum. I hope I get to go on the next trip with them. Wherever that might be.

  
So what are we doing right now? Dad and Michelle are both usually busy with school work. Dad says he's almost done though. Mom helps Michelle with her school work, and makes cakes... lots and lots of cakes. You can see some of her cakes on her Facebook page called Frosted Memories. When she's not busy with school or cakes, she spends time in the craft room making a mess! (And they get mad at me when I leave my toys around!) Nick is always busy with computers and hanging out with his friend Romni. I like when she comes over to visit too.  Speaking of Romni and Nick, Nick showed me this super cool ring he bought and now it's on Romni's finger! I wonder what that means? 

I wish the chair wasn't in the way, I wanna see the ring!


Well, there's lots of snow on the ground, and they put all these pretty decorations up all over the house. They even brought a tree inside! It looks pretty though, and I promised not to play with the pretty decorations hanging from it. I like to listen after dinner when Dad reads from the Bible about little baby Jesus. I don't like the part about when He grows up and dies on the cross, but I guess if He did it because He loves His people and was willing to die in their place so they would get to go to heaven, then it's really a happy part.   

I also keep seeing them hiding pretty wrapped presents all over the house. I remember last year when they sat around and opened up a whole bunch of presents from under that tree. I got to play with all the wrapping, and Coco, Princess and I even got some treats. I wondered though, if it's Jesus' birthday, why were we all getting gifts? Then I heard Mom explaining to Michelle that since it's hard to give a gift to God, they show their love for Him by giving gifts to their loved ones. She did say that there is one special gift they can give to God, and that's their heart. She said it's as easy as ABC

Admit you're a sinner
Believe Jesus is God's Son, that He died on the cross for your sin and rose again the third day
Commit your life to Him
oh, and D...Don't delay!

Well, I need to finish this letter and go find someone to help me get them folded and in the envelopes. Typing with these paws is one thing, folding is another. Hope you and your families all have a very, merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

                                        God's love and blessing,
                                        Layla (and the rest of the Hendersons :o)


No comments: