Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Another Bird Has Flown the Nest

Hello there! How are you this fine spring day? Yes, it's me, the long lost blogger from the upside down house. I have a good excuse this time, I really do. :o)


See, I told you. Actually, this was the calmest part of the last month or two for me. My cake hobby went a little crazy there for a couple of weekends and I barely made it out of the kitchen to eat meals and take showers. There was a couple of late nights and nerve-wracking travels. I will be sure and blog about those episodes over on the cake blog a little later. For now, I thought I'd share some of the photos from my son's wedding. What a beautiful, and even relaxing, day.

Warning: lots of family photos to follow. :o)

Michelle was super excited to be one of the two flower girls. The bride and her family made all the dresses, including the bride's. They were beautiful!

This is my niece. I kind of think she's crazy. She just got home from college and thought it would be a good idea to go on a road trip with my mom in her camper. So grateful that she did, 'cause we were so excited to get to spend more time with her and felt a bit safer having someone else with Mom driving all over the country. Still thinks she's crazy though. :o)
Speaking of my mom, here she is with the bride. This was her second grandson's wedding in two weeks. (That will be one of those posts over on the cake blog later. ;o)
This is my gorgeous sis. She was such a help to me last  week. She is the reason I still have my sanity and can say that it was a rather relaxing week. I really need her to move to WI and help me in my kitchen. What a blast that would be.
Oops, had to sneak a kiss in there.
Mike's sister came up from Texas. I'm glad his mom was able to spend some time with her as they don't get to see each other very often.
We had some more nieces and nephews (and their significant others) come for a visit. So blessed to see what great young men and women they've grown into. I am looking forward to seeing them again in a couple of months for another wedding.
And here's another one of my nephew's who came out to visit. If he keeps growing we're going to be hugging his legs pretty soon.
 
My dad and his wife drove over from CO to spend a couple of days with us. It was fun to get to see them more than once a year. 
Guess who caught the bouquet? If the tradition is true, I pity the other single ladies as it looks like they have a long time to wait till they get to marry.

This was the wedding cake, designed by the bride. I loved the simplicity and elegance of it. The topper was her grandmother's, which we updated to co-ordinate with the rest of the cake.
This is a shot of the back of the cake. What is that blue thing there?
A little surprise for the Dr. Who loving groom. :o) 

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: