Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's Been a Busy Week.

I almost didn't get a chance to sit down here today and post this update, but I am determined to keep this resolution as long as I can. :o)

Last Friday, the Rasmussens invited us to lunch at their house so Mike and Nick could help her with her computer. We had a wonderful visit and a wonderful meal. This is the same lady who invited the girls and I to pick apples and can applesauce. I'm looking forward to learning many gardening and canning tips from this wonderful couple. He makes the most awesome pickles! Mike was able to get her computer up and running, and found her emails for her. :o)

Monday Mike had an interview with the school district here for an IT position, but so far, we haven't heard from them as to whether or not they are going to hire him. :o(

Tuesday night, Angel was invited to a sleepover for one of the girls at church who is leaving for college this week. I think the girls had a pretty good time. Besides the usual sleepover fun stuff, they made some goodies for a couple of the men in our church who are having some health issues.

Tuesday was also orientation for Nick so he and Mike drove down and spent most of the day there, while Wednesday was Nick's official first day of school. So, we now have a first year elementary student, a first year High School student, and a first year college student! How did we manage to time it that way? Anyway, Michelle and I drove Nick on Wednesday, and we spent his class time at the library and shopping at Wal-Mart. There's not much else to do there. I'm looking forward to Nick getting his license and being able to drive down there himself. :o)

Mike had an interview at a college in Minneapolis today that happened to be a mile from the Mall of America, so the kids, Grandma, and I tagged along and shopped around while he had his interview (mostly window shopping). It sounds like they are going to hire him part time. We'll know all the details later, but it does look quite promising. It is a distance to drive, but right now, we don't know how many classes he would be teaching or how many days he'd have to drive down there. It's also something he can probably do while he substitute teaches and works on his teacher's certificate. I'll update you next week on this one.

Lastly, I'll leave with a little something from my Bible studies this week. In the book of Matthew, Peter sees Christ walking on the water and asks to go out and meet Him. He gets out of the boat and begins walking toward Christ, but upon seeing the wind and waves, he begins to sink. I love this account because it reminds me that as long as my eyes are focused on the Lord, rather than the trouble around me, He will sustain me.

"But seek first His kindgom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34

Till next week,
God's love and blessings to you!

1 comment:

The Johansen Family said...

Tammy ~ Any news on Mike's job situation yet?