Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

What a Week!

It's been a roller-coaster, up-and-down kind of week for us. We still haven't heard from one of the schools Mike interviewed for last week, but the Academy College seemed very interested in Mike teaching an Air Traffic Control class for them next semester. However, we still haven't heard back from them as to whether or not he has the job and the hours, pay, etc. He did get a call last Friday from a local computer fix-it shop here that he had visited and asked about a job. We were so excited to find out that they were wanting to hire him part-time, unfortunately, we found out yesterday that the hours are even more "part time" than we were expecting, and the pay's not very good. Oh well, it's a start. Mike's substitute teacher license is on its way so he can also substitute at the schools around here.

Today we decided to go look at some houses that are up for sale. We already have 17 acres, but with this market, it seems that it might be cheaper to buy a house than build one. It's becoming a very difficult decision. I've had my heart so set on our house for so long, that giving up the dream of it is difficult. It's so hard to know whether the desire for this house has been from the Lord, and He's trying to teach us (mainly me) patience to wait for His timing, or whether I'm being selfish and He wants us to settle for something less. So far, none of the houses seem to be "just right". Most of the ones we looked at would take a LOT of work and money to fix, or they were located way too far away. We know we can't make any decisions till about April anyway, so we'll just keep looking and see what happens. In the meantime, I'm also looking at smaller houseplans to see if that's a route we should take.

Angel has been quite busy this week. Carole has been asked to fill in all week at meals on wheels, and Angel has been helping her. Next week though, I think I'm going to have to limit her to only 2 or 3 days so she doesn't get behind in her school work.

Nick is enjoying his college classes so far. They seem pretty easy right now, and he and Mike are working on one of the classes together because it's computer stuff that Mike is interested in learning as well. My only prayer right now is that we get his bank statement soon so we can get him a driver's license. Michelle and I take him to school and then we hang out at the library until he's done. We enjoy the library, but I think it's going to get boring pretty soon, and there isn't anything else there for us to do.

Last Sunday, we woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland so I grabbed my camera as we headed out to church. On the way home, I had Mike drop me off at the corner, about a mile from our house. Nick joined me, and the two of us walked home and took pictures along the way. The sun was out most of the time, and there was no wind blowing, so it was a nice walk home. It even started to snow quite a bit for part of the walk and the sun was out at the same time. Really neat. Here's a couple of the pictures we took.


And here's a picture I had Nick take of Mike and I before we headed off to church that morning. It's not often that I'm in front of the camera so I better hang on to this one!


Well, Angel and I have a busy day tomorrow catching up on some of her school work, so I better close for now. Till next week...

God's love and blessings!

No comments: