Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

PAD 7/1/12-7/3/12

Can you believe it's July already? The summertime heat and humidity has definitely hit here. And, although I'm learning to be happy in whatever weather God thinks is best for that day, I am definitely grateful for good air conditioning.

7/1/12
We did spend a little time Sunday afternoon outside working on the zipline deck. Actually, Mike spent the time outside, I just stepped out as he was finishing to take a couple of pictures. ;o)
I'm standing on the deck. That tiny yellow dot in the middle of the pic is the end of the zipline.

Phase 1-done, well, we still need to paint it.
7/2/12
Michelle and I did a little, tiny bit of garden work Monday morning, but the humidity had already hit, so we quickly made our way inside to get a lot of housecleaning and organizing done. We have some friends coming to visit us on Tuesday and wanted to make sure they felt welcome in our home.
This is the little seating area I finished up this week.
This area under the deck has been a hard place for me to figure out. We can't plant anything here because our septic tank is directly under it (the windmill is sitting on the lid for it). I tried making it look nice with some pots of herbs, but they just looked out of place by themselves. It's amazing the difference just putting some chairs and a little table with them makes. Eventually I would like to put some bricks just under the chair area and make it into a little patio.

 7/3/12
I'm going to post a picture for today, although I know I will be taking a bunch more later when our guests get here. Michelle loves to "swab the deck" with me when it's time to clean up the kitchen floor. Who says cleaning has to be boring?
Yes, she's mopping the floor with her socks.
Well, I've got to get going. I'm not sure when our friends will be arriving and I am trying to get some cake projects done before they get here so I don't have to "work" during their visit. I probably won't be posting until our guests leave so I will say now that I pray you have a safe and wonderful Independence Day. Please keep in prayer our service members around the world--including our son. :o)

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!!

No comments: