Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

PAD 7/4/12-7/9/12

I told you I would be MIA for a couple of days, but I didn't expect it to be this long. Sometimes it's harder to get back on here when I know I have a lot of photos to go through.

As I mentioned, we had some friends coming out to visit us from out of town. Out of state, actually. We had a nice relaxing visit. Since they had just driven across the country, and were only going to be at our place a couple of days, we opted to stay home rather than planning any great adventures while they were here. We really didn't think they wanted to spend any more time on the road. Unfortunately, it also proved to be the hottest week of the year, so far, so we didn't do very much outside. Lots of chatting, card playing, and reminiscing. The kids didn't even use the zipline much 'cause the bugs were atrocious!

7/4/12
We had a yummy bar-b-q for dinner and then we all headed off to the church for a special July 4th service. Michelle sang a special and they asked Mike to wear his uniform and give a prayer for the soldiers.

After the church service, we headed back home to shoot off fireworks. Mike and Russ had picked some up earlier in the day and apparently they got a little carried away. We didn't even shoot them all off. It was getting late and we were being eaten alive by the mosquitoes.
We were happy to have Angel home for the Fourth. While Mike and Russ were busy getting the fireworks ready, she made an awesome fire for us to roast marshmallows on.


Michelle's favorite fireworks are the "happy face" ones, but this one came out a bit scary looking.

7/5/12
Thursday we relaxed some more. I really wish I'd gotten more pictures. Unfortunately, most of the ones I did take didn't come out well because I still had my camera set to take the fireworks pictures the night before. :o(
Michelle was running ahead of Helen. Not sure if she was trying to beat Helen or the mosquitoes.

7/6/12
Our friends left early Friday morning. Mike spent the rest of his day off to finish his school assignments for the week, and I worked on cakes all day. I'll post pics of those over on my cake blog.

7/7/12
After delivering the cakes, Mike, Michelle and I went out to get some shopping done. I snapped this shot of Michelle as we were waiting for our lunch. She's trying to grow out her bangs for the first time.

7/8/12
I snapped this shot of my daisies as we were heading out to church. Next week I'm going to have to cut most of them down as they are getting way too long and floppy. I need a shorter, more compact plant in the front of the beds to keep the daisies from flopping over.
These always make me smile. :o)

7/9/12
Monday we got back into our normal routine, sort of. Michelle and I usually try to go for a walk in the morning, but I was out in the garden so long that it was getting way too hot, so we waited till evening when it cooled down a bit. I'm glad we did. I got some fun pictures of the neighbors cows that had come to the higher pasture and an awesome sunset. Michelle found this huge "poof ball" and had fun blowing the seeds around.

I spent the afternoon working on roses for a wedding cake while Michelle did her math. (yes, we're still finishing up some of our school work from last year.) She took a couple of pictures of me working.
18 roses=323 petals, just sayin'.
Well, this has taken up a good portion of my afternoon. I still have some housework and cake projects to work on, so I will close here. Hope y'all had a nice week and are able to stay cool.

Till next time...
God's love and blesssings!

No comments: