Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

June, July and August Montage

I'm back. Did you miss me? Here are the next 3 montages for you.September was crazy-busy so it's going to need it's own post, or maybe 5.

June:
1. We enjoyed an afternoon at the lake with some of Mike's coworkers. Michelle was so excited to make a new friend. (6/6)
2. Practicing hand stands. (6/6)
3. This is Layla. She was out stalking some prey in the field. (6/21)
4. Wild Daisies and Indian Paintbrushes in our pasture/field/front yard (we haven't decided on a name for it yet.) (6/21)
5. Daisies are my favorite flower, in case you can't tell. (6/27)
6. This patch was so thick I made Mike mow around it so we had this random patch of flowers growing in the middle of the yard. :o) (6/27)
7. Mike and I built this bed for Michelle's dolls. Found the instructions here. I think it cost us about $20 and about 2 hours of labor. Much better than the $200 or so to buy one. (6/29)
As you can see, we had a pretty laid back June. Actually, I was pretty busy with cakes, but those will some day be posted on my Frosted Memories page so I didn't include them here. 

 
 July:
1. We went to Texas for a nephew's wedding. I'm including this photo because my son is actually in it. That doesn't happen very often. They were cooling off in the jacuzzi. We are so not used to 100+ temps. Thankfully a storm came through and the temps dropped into the 70s for the rest of our visit. :o) We had a wonderful time with Mike's family. Just wish I had some photos of all of us together.(7/14)
2. Have I mentioned my love for daisies?(7/20)
3. Michelle made a fairy house all by herself. I really should have included a photo of the office floor when she was finished. What a mess! She did clean up though. Here's a shot of the furnished rooms. (7/23)
4. She wanted to make sure the fairies felt welcome in their new home. (7/23)
5. Unfortunately, it rained that night. :o( Didn't get any shots of that though. (7/23)
6. It's berry season again. This was our first picking. (7/24)
7. Apparently we had a visitor at the bird feeder. Guess we'll put these away till winter when the bigger "birds" are hibernating. (7/24)
8. "What berry?" (7/29)
9. Had to include this one. I took it after a deer decided to hit us. Seriously, he ran into the back end of our van. We stopped to check out the damage as he jumped off into the woods, and I spotted these gorgeous flowers in the pond. So grateful there was no damage, and I had my camera handy. Gotta thank the buck for stopping us too. OK, that just sounds weird. :o) (7/31)

August:
1. She finally believes me when I tell her she's too big for the fun carts. (8/10)
2. Look what I found while picking berries! They were right at my elbow. Glad I didn't bump their nest. (8/16)
3. Unfortunately my biggest "jackpot" of berries was right by the bird nest. I just thought the mommy bird was yelling at me for stealing her berries. Didn't know her babies were so close. (8/16)
*The last 5 photos were taken at a local petting zoo.
4. This guy's pom pom was cracking us up. (8/17)
5. So cute! (8/17)
6. Be brave, Angel. (8/17)
7. These guys saw the food bags in our hands and made a bee-line for us. (8/17)
8. Lots of cool animals to touch and feed. (8/17)

Woo Hoo! Five months done and I didn't even break a sweat. I have a couple of cakes to work on so I'm not sure I will get the next post up right away, but I'll do my best.

Oh, and I'm also working on a post with a recipe--pictures and all. I posted on Facebook that I had some apple butter in the slow cooker and got a request for the recipe. Thought it might be fun to try and photo the next batch and write it all out, especially since I don't know the technical term for the "apple sauce thingy" and the "apple, corer, peeler, slicer thingy". This way I can have a photo of it and you'll know what I'm talking about. :o)

Well, my Handsome Hubby just got home from a meeting, so I'm going to go see how his day was.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings.


No comments: