Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Super Snow Day

Hello there! How are you and yours doing this chilly time of year? I thought I'd share some photos of our recent snow day. This first picture is of the ice "awning" hanging from our roof that morning. We've got to find a way to prevent this from happening next year because this is pretty dangerous. We are so very grateful that it decided to fall late in the evening when no one was outside. 

It started to snow later in the afternoon. I mean it REALLY started to snow! We could barely see the trees across the yard. (Yes, our outside Christmas tree is still up. Don't judge me, I think it's frozen to the ground. It will probably be up till sometime in April--or later.)
This is what we woke up to the next morning. The arrow is pointing to one of our vans. Thankfully it's one we don't use right now so we didn't have to dig it out. :o)
Our car is under there somewhere!
We have an awesome neighbor who stops by and plows our driveway for us. Glad we didn't have to do THAT by hand.
Handsome Hubby was a bit concerned about the amount of snow on the garage roof, so we got up there and did a bit of shoveling. We soon realized that the easiest way to get off the roof was to jump. Yeah, that was fun!
Thumbs up for a soft landing.
Even Michelle got up there and jumped a half dozen times or so.
Two thumbs up! She didn't even need help to get out of the pile this time. :o)
After shoveling a path to the gas tank, we made a path for Michelle to play in and build a fort later. We tried digging a fort under the HUGE snow pile at the end of the drive, but it was too soft and started to collapse. Not safe, so she will have to have an open fort for now. I was going to go for a walk in the woods to take pictures, but as you can tell by this photo, I'd need snow shoes for that, so it didn't happen. :o(
This is our sidewalk leading to the house. I wonder how my flowers are doing under their very large blanket of snow? I'm grateful for the entryway cover my Handsome Hubby built for me several years ago over the laundry room door. If not for that, I'm not sure how we would have gotten out of the house, and, by the looks of the amount of snow on top of it, he built it pretty sturdy!
Well, I've got to help the little one with her school work and then work on a fun cake for church, so I'm going to close this here.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: