Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

I have no title for this post. :o)

Hello there! How are you? Us? We're fine. A bit on the chilly side still, and busy, as usual, but fine. I wanted to pop in earlier last week, but I realized that other than cakes and crafts, which I have other blogs for, I didn't get my camera out much and didn't have any fun photos to share. Not that I can't share without photos, but it's not nearly as fun. So, with that in mind, I tried to be more intentional about getting the camera out and taking photos of our every day. I didn't do a very good job. :o( I always forgot to do it when the boys got home, but I did get a few of Michelle.

I think there are many moms out there who can relate to this photo.

These seem to be everywhere, especially right now with it being too cold to do anything outside. Thankfully, she's doing a pretty good job of keeping the rubber bands up off the floor, (or maybe Layla just eats them before I find them. ;o) I don't particularly like the ones made as necklaces as I have nightmares of trying to untangle them from her hair, but so far they've been fine. Most of these she's watched videos online to learn how to make, but the orange/purple/green/yellow one closest to her fingers is her own design. I like it, I just wish they made these bands in brown, gold and silver so she could make some for me. 

I also had to get some photos of the newest members of our family. Freddie the beta died last week, so we got these little guys. This is Rose, Neon, Ocean and Kim. I know the photo isn't super sharp, but I love that they seemed to be posing for the picture.

This week will be a busy one for me. I'm doing a Parent/child Valentine Cake Class on Tuesday and then making tiramisu for 100 for our church's Friendship Banquet this weekend. I did a trial run last night---YUM! Homemade mascarpone cheese is delicious and oh so easy to make. I've never tried it before, but I see some awesome recipes coming up in the near future. Our home school group has a Valentine's get-together this week as well, so we need to make some goodies for that too. I think we're going to make Strawberries and Cream Puppy Chow. It looks yummy and simple. Even with the busy schedule, I'm still going to do my best to get my camera out and document more of our days so maybe I'll have some fun things to share next time. Not to mention, having a photo really helps this old memory of mine. :o)

Well, I need to get into the kitchen and start baking little heart shaped cakes.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: