Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentine's Party

Our home school group does a fun get-together in February for Valentine's Day. I saw this cute idea to use with my Silhouette and Michelle's Rainbow Loom bracelets, but I put that project off until the night before thinking it would be super simple to print and cut. Uh...no. My program didn't want to cooperate.  I tried and tried for an hour or so, but it just wasn't going to work. It was getting late and I was getting frustrated and sighing and mumbling when Michelle said, "Don't worry, Mom. We can just cut out some cardstock and I'll write Happy Valentine's Day on it." Her positive, it's-going-to-be-fine, there's-nothing-to-stress-about attitude is always there to put me back in the right frame of mind. So, at 10pm, we got busy cutting and stamping paper for her valentines...and we had more fun doing it together. :o)


At the party the kids are invited to give a presentation if they'd like. There's usually quite a variety--poetry, music, skits, verse recitals and puppets. It's always fun to see what the kids come up with. Michelle didn't do one this year, but she's already thinking of ideas for next.

After the presentations, the kid's exchange Valentines and have snacks. Michelle and I did make the Strawberries and Cream Puppy Chow which was quite yummy. We also made some heart shaped cake pops.
Going through her valentines to find all the "goodies".

After snacks the kids move off to various activities. The older kids go down to the game room while most of the rest head outside to the sledding hill. These aren't the greatest shots since I took them from quite a distance. I wasn't dressed to trudge through the snow, so I stayed up on the porch.


I didn't get any pictures of Valentine's Day except this one of Michelle enjoying her breakfast in bed. I need to learn to use my camera phone more so I would have thought to get a picture of my handsome hubby and I out on our date. I guess he'll have to take me out again so I can get a picture. ;o)


Hope you had a super week this week. Remember, even if you are not married, or have a special someone in your life, you will always have a Valentine who loves you more than you can imagine.
"For God so loved the world (that means you!) that He gave His only Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: