Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

2014 Year in Review (Part 1)

 Happy New Year!! Wow, another 365 days gone by way too fast. For my friends and family who don't live close by and might be interested in what's going on around here, here's a little year-in-review post for you. I will split it up into 2 posts as I have too many photos to share in one. ;o)

January was cold...REALLY cold. We had a lot of ice in the house on windows and walls. This year we made sure we got the plastic up on the windows, but we will probably need to replace them in the future. I also got to take some fun engagement photos for my son and his bride.


Aren't they cute?
February came in with snow...LOTS of snow. This was the most we've seen in the 5 or so years we've been here.

Gotta make sure the gas man can get to the tank.

Yes, that's a Christmas tree and wreath still up. There's a horse and sleigh  decoration somewhere under the snow on the left. We lost it till April.
If you gotta shovel snow off the roof, you might as well make it fun.
We also had a lot of these around the house. When it's too cold to go out, you find something to keep yourself busy, and these kept her busy quite a bit. 

While March brings spring to most of the country, not for us, so our church makes the most of it and plans our annual snow soccer game then. Yep, we're that crazy. Well, I'm not exactly. I stood in the warm building and took these shots through the window. 



He came up to the window to show me his icicles. The fogginess of the photo is due to the steam coming off his body. :o)
April was Resurrection Sunday, and snowman building. Doesn't everyone build a snowman in the spring? 

 May was super busy. It started with a trip to Colorado to celebrate a wedding for my nephew. This picture of the bride getting ready should tell you how much fun this wedding was.


I will post more photos of this cake on my cake blog later this month.
 The following week we were back home and preparing for our own son's wedding. Here's a picture of the cake. The topper was the bride's grandmother's.

There was a little surprise on the back for the groom. 
They are such an awesome couple. It's so much fun having a daughter-in-love who likes to craft with me. ;o)

And just so you don't think we are in snow all year, here's a shot of my garden in June. See, we did finally get those Christmas decorations put away. :o) 

I will close this post here and finish up the year for you tomorrow. 

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: