Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

I didn't forget!

I really didn't forget to keep posting on here. I was out of town. I wanted to mention it in the last post, but it was a surprise visit to my Sister for her Son's graduation. The girls and I flew out last Tuesday and spent a week with them. It was such a surprise for my Sister. Only her wonderful Hubby and our Dad knew we were coming out. It was quite funny to see the guys trying to figure out how to pick us up at the airport without Pam finding out about it. :o) We all had a great time while we were there. We were able to go on a field trip to the airport with her class at school, do a lot of shopping, bake cakes (of course), help with the graduation preparations, run a 5K (WOW!), and of course, attend my Nephew's graduation.

Here's a picture of Michelle talking with an astronaut from NASA at the air show. She got lots of souvenirs to bring home with her that day.

Here we all are after the 5K. I still can't believe we did it. Even Michelle ran it and finished with a smile on her face. Of course, we walked quite a bit of it, but we kept on going and didn't give up. I'm very proud of both my girls.

Here's one of the 3 cakes I made while at Pam's house. I think I may need to start stockpiling a second set of cake decorating supplies for my visits there. :o) The cupcakes had little caps made from a Reese's cup, a Ghiradelli chocolate, and a piece of licorice for the tassel. It took me 3 tries to get the caramel right for the caramel buttercream, but it was worth it! I also learned a few lessons about baking at higher altitudes.

Here's Pam's family after the graduation. We are so proud of Cody! Well, Pam, one down and two to go. :o)
The girls and I have been back for a few days, and getting back into the swing of things. It has finally warmed up a bit outside, so we've spent a lot of time outside working in the yard. I've got most of the vegetables in the garden and worked quite a bit on the flower beds. Mike built a lattice screen to help hide our gas tank while we were in CO so my flower bed looks much nicer now. It's so fun to see what plants are coming up.

It was supposed to rain all day today so we started this morning working on inside projects. We've been renovating the main bathroom and this was a good time to get some of it done. We got the new doors on the cabinets and the new exhaust fan installed. I can't wait to finish it all up so I can post some before and after pictures. The sun came out this afternoon, so we headed outside and got some work done out there. I worked on two new flower beds while Mike took apart his car. Unfortunately, he hit a deer the night before we left for CO and damaged the front of his car. He's going to do a lot of the body work himself to help save us some money. I'm so glad I have a handyman hubby! I really put him to work today. :o)

Well, I better close for now. I need to make some graduation cards before tomorrow, and my energy level is quickly dwindling. I will try to get out tomorrow and get some pictures of the flower beds with the tulips all blooming.

Till next time...God's love and blessings.

No comments: