Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Starting over

So, apparently, blogging is not my thing. Another month and it will be a year since the last time I posted. Oops! Oh well. I guess this is as good a time as any to start up again. For those family and friends out there who are interested, here's a month by month update of our last year.

July:
This turned out to be a very wet year here which, after several dry years, was very welcome, especially by the farmers. We spent most of July outside playing in puddles and working in the garden.

August:
I took a trip to Colorado in August to help my sister through a difficult time as her Mother-in-law passed away. Although I didn't like the reason, I was grateful to be able to go and help her when she needed me. I also managed to talk her into coming home with me for a short visit. I have tons of pictures from these visits, but here are a few of my favorites.

Me with my Sister's kids.
My nephew, Tyler showing off a frog he found.One night during my Sister's visit, we had a pretty good storm. Here's our little stream the next morning!After the creek died down a bit, Pam and the girls had fun exploring it and looking for buried treasure.
The one thing my Sister needed while she visited was a chance to relax and forget about all the stress of life for a bit. It looks like we were able to provide that for her. :o)

September:
We celebrated Michelle's 7th birthday this month, and some friends of ours came from NC to visit for a few days. Over the last few months, Michelle had started losing teeth, and by this month, she had 5 teeth missing! Even as of this posting (May 2011), she still has two of those teeth that haven't come in yet.

It was pretty much impossible to get a straight face from these three, so we figured we'd just go with the flow on this one.
Well, it's getting late so I will post a few more months tomorrow. This blog was supposed to be a way to keep our friends and family up to date on things going on here, and now with Nick so far away, I really should try and keep it updated.

Anyway, till tomorrow then...
God's love and blessings.


No comments: