Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

What's in a Name Part 2

I am so very sorry. I shouldn't have left y'all hanging like that. I know it's just been killing you the last day or so wanting to know "what does it mean?", "why does she call it an upside down house?". (I have no idea how to punctuate that sentence correctly.) Well, my dear readers, I have come to the rescue. Wonder no more. (OK, so maybe I'm getting a little dramatic. That happens when you spend the afternoon doing history read-alouds with your 9 year old.)

Our adventures in an upside down house. Maybe this photo will help solve the mystery.


Do you see that door? Yep, that one up there on the deck. That's our front door. It leads to the living room, dining room and kitchen along with the master bedroom and a bathroom. The downstairs has the kids bedrooms, laundry and what would normally be a family room, but we use it as our school/craft space. So you see, instead of the kitchen on the ground floor, like a normal house, it's up a flight of stairs. Not fun to bring groceries in, or in the case of my favorite hobby, to bring cakes down. Yep, our house is upside down, but we love it. Sitting in the living room looking out the big picture window, you feel like you're in a tree house. :o)


Someday we hope to move some earth next to the house and add on a basement below and a garage above, along with a mud room and a master bathroom. (Ooh, a master bathroom would be SO nice). That way, the kitchen and living room would actually be level with the ground and the downstairs would be considered a walk-out basement (although, that's what the realtor called it when we bought the place.) Someday. For now, I just keep telling myself that those stairs are a built in work out for me, especially on days when I'm working on a cake and I have to go up and down them a couple of times to get to the big fridge that's in the garage. :o)

On another note, I've decided to keep the craft blog. I realized that many of my friends and family who read this have no desire to read about the crafts that I do, and that some who are interested in craft tutorials (which I hope to start putting on there) have no interest in what we are up to as a family. So, I'll just give you a sneaky-peak here of any projects and direct you to the craft blog if you want more info.

Well, it sounds like the dryer is done, which means I get to go fold laundry now. :o)

Till next time...
God's love and blessings.


No comments: