Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Picture of Us

Ok, so maybe it isn't really a picture of us personally, but, as anyone who knows our family would realize, it definitely represents the two of us. Besides, titling this post "Our Bed" would have been a little weird. ;o)


We were at Ikea last year and I really wanted a duvet cover. We don't have a duvet, but I figured a duvet cover is just like a giant pillowcase and it would work just as well with our comforter stuffed inside it as it would a duvet. I like our comforter, but it's so big I have to take it to the laundromat to use their big machines to wash it. When you have a dog that sleeps at the foot of the bed, you find the need to wash the bed covers increases dramatically. The duvet cover is small enough to fit in my washer which means less trips to the laundromat. :o) I really fell in love with this one, but thought it would be too girly for my handsome hubby. He assured me it would be fine and that he didn't mind getting it. He loves me like that. He knows my tastes and is willing to sacrifice for me.

Then, he got the cool Captain America pillow from a sweet friend for Christmas. It's made from felt and has arm loops in the back so when he and Michelle get their nerf guns out, he has his own personal shield. How cool is that? Anyway, he didn't know where he was going to store it and I said to put it on the bed. He mentioned that it didn't quite match the whole pink, frilly, victorian kind of look we had going in there, but I think it fits perfectly. It's so US!I think I may need to make Michelle a shield now.

What about you? Any interesting things in your house that really represent you and your personalities? How do you blend the masculine with the feminine stuff?

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

PS: I posted a tutorial over on the craft blog on this chore chart I made for Michelle this week.

rusty cookie sheet turned cute chore chart. ;o)

No comments: