Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

July 2016-Part 2

I'm back again. I had to split July into 2 parts because we actually went on a little family vacation and I have a lot of photos. Don't worry, I only picked a few to share. :o)

I have been in love with the idea of having a camper for a while now. Love the idea of a little home-away-from-home that we can bring along with as we go on adventures together. I love the idea of traveling, but the expense of hotels and food has kind of kept us at home. Well, that and the fact that hubby has to be at work. 😜 I also love camping, but this body does not like the idea of sleeping on the ground. We also have family and friends all over America that we like to go visit. It would be nice to have our own little "hotel" with us.

Since we've never really been camping together, hubby thought maybe we should rent a pop-up for a week or so and see if we even like it. We planned a trip to see several waterfalls in the northern area of Wisconsin. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of which waterfall was which, or even all the ones we went to. I do remember Amnicon Falls, Copper Falls, and Patteson Falls, but I couldn't tell you which picture is which. Sorry. We weren't able to see a couple of the falls we'd planned to see due to some roads being washed out the week before from torrential rain.

Here's our little home-away-from-home. We got a great deal on it from a local camper rental place. If you're in the area and looking to rent, check them out R and R Campers. (No, they're not paying me to say this. Just our opinions.) It was clean, well cared for, and they gave us great instructions and walk through to make sure we knew what we were doing.


These were the first falls we stopped at, but again, I can't remember the name. This was as close as we could get to the falls from the trails, and the mosquitoes were so bad, we weren't inclined to explore much further.


I do remember that there were 150+ steps down to the falls and 150+ back up!


We were just a bit tired after that!




All the falls in Wisconsin look like root beer! We did find out it's from the tannin of the Tamarack and other trees and not because it's dirty or full of copper. Apparently Copper Falls got its name because early settlers thought there was copper and came to mine the area.


I believe this was at Patteson Camp Ground. The water was really too cold to swim in and there weren't many other kids around, so she decided to play with whatever friends she could find. 😊



One afternoon we had a bit of a rain shower. Time for mom and dad to take a nap. Michelle did enjoy having one end of the camper all to herself and her stuffies.


She constantly wanted to be in the water. Again, the water was a bit cold, but she was out there anyway. I just enjoyed relaxing on the beach and imagining what it would be like to live in that house across the lake. 


We did escape the campgrounds once to head into Duluth for some shopping and our favorite Japanese restaurant. Yum!!!


I'm telling ya' we couldn't decide if it looked more like root beer or Willy Wonka's chocolate river.


Because we weren't able to go visit several of the falls we had hoped to, we decided to come back a day early and "camp" in our own yard. My husband's ingenuity amazes me sometimes. 😋


So, what did we decide? Did we like camping? YES!! In fact, we ended up buying a camper later in the year, but I will post more on that in an upcoming post.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: