Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Wow, just wow!

I cannot believe it's been a year and a half since I last posted to this blog!! I'm flabbergasted! I mean, I know time flies when you're having fun and all, but that's a bit ridiculous. I'm so embarrassed. I thought about just giving up and just letting this little blog disappear into nothingness.

I first started this blog to help our friends and family who live quite a distance from us keep up with what's going on in our lives, but with Facebook and smart phones, I have found that I don't really need it for that any longer. Let's face it, posting a pic from my phone with a quick sentence is SOOO much easier than sorting through photos, resizing them to fit, waiting for our exceptionally slow internet to upload said photos, and then coming up with the words to go along with those photos. Then I see other blogs and their gorgeous photos and feel that mine are so lackluster and boring that no one would want to read this little blog.

Then I started going back through posts and LOVED re-reading what was going on in our lives at that point in time. So many fun things I'd completely forgotten about. The photo quality didn't matter so much as the story did. So, I've decided to keep on posting, if for no other reason than for me to have a place to put my memories down. Who knows, maybe I'll get better at photo taking in the process.

Anyway, I'm going to recap the last 18 months or so, but I'm going to do it in a couple of posts. I'm going to ask my daughters to help hold me accountable to getting on here and continuing. :o) So, without further ado, here's the first quarter of our 2016--

January: Michelle started violin lessons. She has learned an amazing amount in the short year or so that she's been playing. I'm glad that she's one that enjoys playing. While I still have to remind her to practice, she does it joyfully. That smile she's wearing still hasn't worn off.


February: This month is always super cold for us, so we try to find projects to work on inside as much as possible. Michelle made a small quilt for one of the little girls at our church. I didn't get a picture of the finished quilt before we gave it away though. :o(


 March: This girl is always smiling! My days would be so boring without her. :o)


We took advantage of daddy being home on winter break and he started making my dream desk for the craft/school room.


Isn't it awesome!! I think I'd like to paint the walls and do a different fabric in here, but for now, this works so much better than all the fold up tables and mix-match cabinets we had before.  If only it looked this clean right now. :o)


The BEST thing that happened in March was the announcement that we were going to be grandparents! SOOO happy for our daughter and son-in-love. You'll have to wait for a couple more posts to see the little cutie! 


Who am I kidding?!? Did you think this Grammy would pass up the opportunity to show off her grand baby? I don't think so. Let me introduce you to Paul Michael Brooks. Isn't he the cutest baby, EVER?!? I mean, seriously, that nose, those chunky monkey arms, those little ears. I can't get enough!!! Unfortunately, they still live in Hawaii, which means I don't get to smooch on that little face. :o( However, I am so very grateful for modern technology and being able to video chat with them and get pictures often. Although this is the newest one I have, which is a week or so old, and I had to swipe it from my daughter's Facebook page. I think we need to remedy that ASAP!


I was planning on sharing the month of April today, but this has gotten a bit long, so I'll close here. The plan is to be back tomorrow with the next couple of months. We'll see how that goes. Right now I need to see if I can Facetime that little cutie of mine. 😍

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: