Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sprinkled With Love Party (part 1)

My baby turned 9 this month. I know we say it all the time, but I can't believe how the time flies. She asked for a slumber party this year, and if you know me at all, you know the party has to have some kind of theme to it. I showed this party to Michelle and she decided that would be a fun way to decorate, so a sprinkle theme it was. Most of this party was going to be inside, both upstairs and down, so we did a little decorating in both areas.

In the office downstairs where the girls would be doing crafts and sleeping, we just hung some streamers and confetti-filled balloons from the ceiling.
The balloons were easy to fill with confetti before we blew them up. Wish I'd had larger confetti to put in them though.
 We found some polka dot plates and sprinkled confetti on the table. You can't see in the photo, be we hung some more confetti-filled balloons from the light over the table and a Happy Birthday banner from the ceiling beam.
The cake was our centerpiece. Michelle designed it herself and helped me make it.
I traced a simple outline on fondant and let Michelle color in her friends with edible markers. Then I just cut them out and put them on the side of the cake.
She helped me make the tiny little popcorn pieces and made sure everything was put in the right spot on the cake.
We had a lot of fun with sprinkles. We dipped the rim of our glasses in white chocolate and then in sprinkles. These were cute, but a little tricky to drink out of. :o)
We dipped wafer cookies in white chocolate and sprinkles too. These were YUMMY! I may or may not have hoarded the last couple for myself.
Since our slow internet takes forever to load photos, I will stop this post here and post a part 2 tomorrow. I will leave you with the Birthday Girl and her cake.
Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: