Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Sprinkled With Love Party (part 2)

If you're interested in the food or decorations from our little one's 9th birthday, check out this post.

So I knew if I was going to have 6 girls sleeping over, and 3 of them had swim lessons the next morning, I was going to need a way to wear them out so we might get some slumber at this slumber party. :o) Thankfully, we have 25 acres to do just that. I made up clues for various parts of the property and sent the girls off on a treasure hunt. I made sure that each clue was in the opposite direction of the next one so the game would wear them out last longer.
Michelle had to do most of the deciphering of the clues since she knows our property better than the others, but they all took turns being the one to collect the clues and read them.
I used our fire-proof lock box for the treasure and provided the key with one of the clues.
Inside they found some flower hair clips I made for them with sprinkle centers and some craft supplies to play with after dinner.
After the treasure hunt, I sent them all off on a scavenger hunt to find things from around the property. The girls had fun finding the items, but none of them were too worried about finding the bonus ones. I guess searching for a snake skin just didn't sound too exciting to a bunch of girls. (I'm actually surprised that Michelle didn't go looking in the veggie garden where we find them all the time.)

After dinner, it was too cold to go outside, (yes, we are officially in the fall season here), so the girls settled into the office to do some crafts. This was a kit I picked up at Wal-Mart pretty cheap. I liked it because it came with enough for all the girls to do 3 projects and to be creative and design them any way they wanted.
Next came presents and cake time and then, more crafts. I took 4 paper lunch bags, stacked them up and sewed a "binding" down the middle of them to make a mini album for each girl. I laid out lots of paper scraps and a couple of punches and glue and let them get creative. I will print up some of the photos from the party and give them to each of the girls to put in their albums. One thing I forgot was to have plenty of double sided adhesive on hand. Instead the girls used liquid glue and, unfortunately, many of their pages ended up glued together. :o(
After we cleaned up the craft supplies, we moved the tables out of the room and played charades for a while and then set up mattresses and sleeping bags for bed. The girls were surprisingly asleep within 20 minutes or so of me announcing "quiet time".

The next morning, the girls had cinnamon rolls, yogurt and fruit for breakfast and then took off outside to get some time on the zipline before we had to leave to drop everyone off and get to swim lessons. All in all, I think the party was a success. The girls all seemed to have a good time, and we even managed to get some sleep. :o)

Well, tomorrow I will try and post pictures of the rest of our September activities.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: