Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Picture for Your Fridge

This post has nothing to do with family activities (except that it's fall here and I've been taking lots of pictures), but this thought has really made me happy this last week, and I thought I'd share.
 Mind you, I'm not a scientist or anything, but if I remember correctly, there is a reason for the leaves to die and fall from the trees before winter sets in, especially up north here where we can get a bit of snow and the weight would break the branches.
However, I don't remember why they change into these gorgeous colors before they die and fall. I vaguely remember how (something to do with not needing their chlorophyl, the stuff that makes them green, to photosynthesize in the winter), but I don't think there's a scientific reason for the "why" of it.
I think I know the reason why. God did it for us. The bugs don't need to see the colors for pollination, most of the animals can't even see the colors. He did it just for us. He could have just made them turn from green to brown and fall off the tree, but He didn't. He made them gorgeous!
I think there's two reasons. The first one is for us to see and be in awe of His glory and His creation. In Isaiah 6:3 we read, "And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, [is] the LORD of hosts: the whole earth [is] full of his glory."
I mean, who couldn't be in wonder and awe of this beauty?
And the second reason--simply because He loves us. I think about when my kids draw pictures for me (or used to) to hang on the fridge. They pour their heart and soul out trying to make something beautiful for me, just because they love me.
I think this is God's love letter to us. He makes this gorgeous picture and He says, "Here, I made this for you to enjoy because I love you."
Doesn't that just make you smile too? I hope you get a chance this season to get out and see some of God's awesome creation, marvel in it, and marvel in the fact that He loves you and made you this awesome picture to hang on your fridge.  :o)

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: