Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Yogurt Parfait

Last week I showed a picture of what has become a favorite snack around here-a home-made yogurt parfait.

Sorry about the poor quality picture, I was in a hurry to eat this thing!

And by home-made, I mean home-made--well, about as home-made as you can get without owning your own cow and oat fields. We made the yogurt, granola and berry sauce, then just assembled them parfait style. These are so yummy!

Here are the links to the websites where I found the recipes in case you'd like to give them a try. I found the yogurt recipe at A Year of Slow Cooking website. There are some yummy recipes there and this one intrigued me so we had to give it a try. I have a granola recipe that I use quite a bit, but I wanted to try something different this time. I found this one from Alton Brown and decided to give it a try. We like that it stays crunchy for quite a while. My previous recipe would get chewy after a day or so. The berry sauce came from the Arctic Garden Studio. I used a mixture of blackberries, raspberries, and black caps in mine since that's what grows on our property. I think I may have to try her Caramel Apple Cake one of these days.

Well, as much as I would like to keep this blog updated and share more of the fun stuff we're doing, it seems as soon as I sit down here, my little 8 year old insists on sharing all the secrets of her day with me so I shall close here and give her my full attention, instead of the 10% she's getting right now.

So, till next time...God's love and blessings!

No comments: