Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Through the House Thursday-Laundry Room Part 2

Last week I promised some close-ups of my folding table. I LOVE it. It's the perfect size for the girls piles of folded laundry and it hides all those necessary, but ugly, pipes under the window.


Here's the table by itself. There are so many pipes back there I couldn't even get in there to paint the wall all the way. That alone would have driven me crazy to see every day.


Because we have to  access the softener (and probably the well pump sometime), Mike made the table so it could lift up and out of the way. (He's so smart! :o)

The hook hanging here is used to hold the table in the up position.

The adhesive on my velcro didn't want to stick to the paint so I used some tacky glue and a staple gun to make sure it wasn't going anywhere. I simply hot glued the other side of the velcro to the skirt I made out of a drop cloth. Yup, that's right, a cloth drop cloth. It was cheaper than any of the fabric I could find around here and seemed heavy duty enough to do the job.


So, there it is. I wish I had a better "before" picture to show you the difference, but I am totally loving this. Now if I could just figure out a good storage solution for all the coats and shoes on the other two walls of this room. :o)

It is late here so I will close for now. Till next time...God's love and blessings!


No comments: