Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Through the House Thursday-Laundry Room Part 1

 Yes, I realize this is a Through the House Thursday on a Friday, but I didn't have "after" photos of the laundry room so I needed to wait till today to get better lighting for them. Anyway, here is a couple of "before" shots taken when we first moved into the house.


This was taken when we were first looking at the place. The water softener by the window wasn't winterized properly and had a huge crack in it. That turned out to be a blessing because we were able to get a much smaller unit that doesn't block the window. 


  

I took this one just before we started to paint. You can see how yucky the walls were.

 

Here's the cabinets above the washer and dryer. They are nice cabinets, but I wanted to paint all the trim work and cabinets in here to help cut down on the visual clutter.

Now here's a couple of "after" shots. I had several different cans of leftover paint from various rooms in the house and decided to mix them to get enough of one color to paint the walls. I really like the shade of blue that we got.


 I painted the ceiling and all the trim a cream color and used the blue on all the walls. I found some wall paper that had the exact blue in it and covered some boxes for storage on the open shelves.

I still don't like the area above the washer and sink, but it's a work in progress.

 I hot glued clothes pins to the front of the boxes to hold labels. This way if I need to rearrange what's in the boxes, it will be easy to redo the labels as well.


Do you see the table below the window? I use it for folding clothes, but more importantly, it hides the water pump, softener and various pipes. My handy-dandy hubby built that for me. (insert really big grin here!) Next week I'll show you more details and how I made the skirt for it.

Well, I've gotta go get dinner going. Till next time...God's love and blessings!!




No comments: