Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

PAD 6/25/12

6/25/12
I like Mondays like this. Nice and relaxing. No school work to do, no cakes to prep for, the house pretty clean. Just a relaxing kind of day.

Michelle had a surprise this afternoon as her two buddies showed up to spend the night. :o) They quickly bored of riding bikes so they took off to explore up the creek for a bit, then they changed into bathing suits and played in the sprinkler for a while. I heard them say something about going to the creek so I decided to grab my camera and follow after. The creek is pretty much just a trickle of water right now, but the girls managed to find a "pond". It was really just a pretty deep puddle in the bend of the creek. It was in the shade though and they were soon shivering so we headed back upstream till they found a nice sunny spot to warm up in. Not a nice sunny spot in the grass, but a muddy, sandy spot in the creek. They proceeded to give themselves a mud bath.
We did learn that it's a good idea to hose them off outside before going in to take showers and clean off. That was a lot of sand coming out of those bathing suits!!!

Tie dying some shirts is on our list of things to do this summer, so after dinner, we braved the million mosquitoes on the porch to dye a couple of shirts. We won't see what they look like till tomorrow as they have to sit in their plastic bags for 6-8 hours or longer. We're opting for the longer part 'cause I am so not getting up at 2 am to rinse them out and wash them. After the girls were done with their shirts there was still 2/3 of the bottles left so I grabbed some of Michelle's white socks to dye. There was still more than half so I swiped one of Mike's t-shirts to make a matching shirt for me. Thankfully I trust myself enough with the dye not to have to go outside to do it. I don't feel like being mosquito buffet anymore tonight. I still have half left in all 3 bottles. Wonder what else I have around the house that's white, cotton and needs to be bright pink, blue or purple? Too bad I don't have any cotton fabric or I would dye some to make curtains for Michelle's room. Oh! Idea! I have some plain white sheets in the closet and I know at least one of them is torn on one side. Looks like I need to get off of here and find myself a large enough bucket to soak a sheet in. I'll let you know how it comes out. 

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: