Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

PAD Journal Update Part 1

So, it has been a while, but I do have a fairly good reason. We were out of town. We drove to CO to visit my sister and her family to celebrate her 40th birthday. I would have mentioned it earlier, but I didn't think it was a good idea to announce to the world that our house was going to be empty for a week. Nope, not a smart idea. Needless to say, I took lots of photos that week, but I did try and narrow it down to just one a day for this blog.

6/7/12

Mike spent the morning at work while Michelle and I packed the car and made sure the house was ready. After he got home, we headed over to his mom's to drop off the dogs. A friend of ours agreed to come over to check on the cat and make sure she had food and water. After dropping off the dogs, we headed into the cities where we picked up Angel. With three drivers we were able to drive through the night to save us some time and money. I think these windmills were somewhere in Iowa.

6/8/12

We arrived a couple of hours earlier than Google maps said we should. We might possibly have had at least one speedy driver in the car. ;o)  I wish I could have slept in the car as easily as she does.

6/9/12

Saturday was my sister's party, and although I have several hundred pictures from that day, I think this one is the most appropriate. My silly sis is a true Disney fan. :o)

6/10/12

Sunday we ran some errands, did some shopping, and then had dinner over at my dad's. He makes the best salmon on the grill. My kids can't have salmon anywhere else without comparing it to Grandpa's.

6/11/12
 I have two for Monday cause I couldn't resist. We all met over at my nephew's new place for a house warming party, and then took off to do a little more shopping before heading out Tuesday.

Having fun at my nephew's.

Our super heroes to the rescue!
As we walked through the store, my sister started to reprimand her son for playing in the toy aisle...until she looked down the aisle and saw her brother-in-law doing the same thing. Yes, my husband will NEVER grow up, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :o)

6/13/12

Before we left on Tuesday, we had to get in one more photo shoot. Love this one of me and my sis. Happy Birthday, Pam! Glad we could come out and celebrate with you.

Well, since it's been nearly two weeks since my last update, and I have lots more photos to go through, I am going to stop here and post more later.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: