Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

PAD Journal Update Part 3

Whew! This should be the last post to get me updated...for now. :o) In the last update, I mentioned our trip to Ikea and reorganizing Michelle's room. Well, here's the final pictures.

6/20/12
I didn't get any photos of the room "before" the redo, but you may remember this.
What you can't see in this photo is the bookshelf and desk on the left wall, her dresser that's tucked in the closet on the right or the stackable drawers used as side tables. She had so many different storage pieces in here in all different styles and types. The desk and dresser were ones I painted for Angel many years ago, and although the are pretty, the blue doesn't match the blue in the room.We moved the china cabinet in here several months ago when we redid the kitchen to try and help give her more storage for stuff, but it just became a cluttered mess. I think part of the problem was that her toys were stored all over the place; under the bed, in the many different cabinets. When it came time to clean up she simply dumped it wherever was closest.

We moved her bed to the other side of the room and flanked the window with the Ikea shelves. Pretty much all of her toys and books are stored on these shelves. We were going to do a checkerboard look with the pink boxes, but some of those are heavy and I thought they would be best along the bottom.

 I added labels to the boxes with some scrapbooking chipboard and ribbon. I just safety pinned them to the fabric under the handles.
Do you see something else different in this photo?
By moving all the toys out of the china cabinet drawers, we were able to make it her dresser. The two little upper drawers hold all her hair stuff. I told her this was her space to "decorate" with the many picture frames and other miscellaneous decorative stuff she has. Now the only furniture in her room is her bed, the small dvd shelf, the china cabinet and the Ikea shelves. Oh, and two of the small drawers we kept beside her bed to put her nightlight and clock on, but they're pretty much empty.
Someday I may get around to finishing the mural I started on her walls and we may paint her bed and the china cabinet white to match the Ikea shelves. It will make for less visual clutter if they're all the same color.

6/21/12
Did you figure out what was different in the photo above, beside the labels on the drawers? We had to make room in one of the cubicles for our newest family member--Freddie. I promised Michelle that when we got her room cleaned and there was a place for it, she could get a fish. Betas are pretty easy to take care of and they don't require a lot of expensive equipment. 

I also had to add in a picture of Michelle spending time with her friend in NC. Yes, they are chatting on an Ipad and she's hiding under the bed. :o) I think she was just so excited to see all the empty carpet space under there that wasn't covered in toys and clothes that she had to show it off!!!

6/22/12
Friday was spent pretty much in the kitchen for me, working on graduation and birthday cakes. Angel came home for the weekend. Yay! We had home made pizza for dinner. Yum! Here's the cake and cupcakes I did for the graduation. Can you find my mistake? I guess when you finish a cake around midnight, you're bound to make mistakes on them, like not crossing the t. Oops!


6/23/12
And, finally today's photo and I am completely updated! Mike had a Legions training meeting today, Angel had to work, Michelle and I delivered the graduation cake and then I dropped her off along with the birthday cake at a party. And this is how I spend my quiet time. :o)

Yes, this is my addiction. A DP and a Lindt Intense Orange chocolate bar. These things are SO yummy! I blame it all on my pastor at church. He offered me one of these bars from our food pantry one afternoon after an activity and I've been hooked ever since. They just magically jump into my shopping cart every time I'm at Wal-Mart. I think I may have to join our addictions program soon. But, I do limit myself to these only on the weekends. And a quiet afternoon with no one home makes it even better. :o)

Well, I'm all done. I enjoy doing this journal, but hope not to have to do an update like this again. Keeping it up on a regular basis is a lot easier on my brain. I don't have to think so far back to remember what we did. ;o)

Till next time...(hopefully tomorrow)
God's love and blessings!

No comments: