Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

PAD Journal Update Part 2

Michelle is at a birthday party, Angel is at work, and Mike is busy in the garage, so it's the perfect time to try and get this updated.

6/14/12
I debated for a long time as to whether or not I should post this picture since I really don't want to offend my mother-in-law. Coco and Layla stayed with her and Darlene while we went to visit my family. They were so sweet and gave them both a bath and brushed out the tangles. They both needed it, especially Coco. His thick undercoat is always getting nasty knots in it. I can't imagine how much time it took to get them out. It usually takes me a couple of hours. Anyway, Carole decided that Layla needed a trim, unfortunately, Layla didn't cooperate. She looks so funny that I laugh every time I look at her. At least she's cooler, and it's much easier for us to find any ticks on her right now. :o)
Before---After

6/15/12
My garden is filling in very nicely this year. Here's a quick shot of my pink lilies. I love their color, but I am going to have to move them this fall as they are now hiding behind the daisies.

6/16/12
I'm afraid that not posting this regularly makes it much harder for me to remember what we were doing each day. Mostly it was unpacking and getting some house cleaning done. We've had a lot of rain lately, which my garden likes, and can make for some awesome pictures sometimes. :o)

6/17/12
Sunday was Father's Day. We were going to bar-b-q, but the weather didn't cooperate, so I moved to plan b--meatloaf, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. Yum! I feel bad though that we didn't do anything else to make the day special for Mike. I need to find a way to remedy that.

This is a shot of me with one of my future Sunday School students. Isn't he the cutest?

6/18/12
Monday, Michelle and I made a road trip into the cities to visit the Ikea store. I'd had enough of trying to clean and reorganize her bedroom and decided it was time for a better storage system. I will post pictures of that in Part 3 of this update since this one is getting a bit long.

Here's a shot of some of my daisies. These are the ones I transplanted from our pasture. They are amazing me this year. The ones in the pasture get about a foot and a half tall, so I planted these in the front and along the sidewalk of the gardens. They are all 3+ feel tall!! They're taking over the gardens, which I don't mind, but as I mentioned before, I'm going to need to rearrange a bit so they're not hiding the other plants in there. I'm going to get some pictures of them with Michelle beside them. I think I have one that goes up to her nose. :o)

6/19/12
Tuesday Michelle and I spent cleaning and reorganizing her room. Sorting, trashing, organizing, trashing some more, donating--all day. I was exhausted by bed time, but very happy with the results. I didn't take time to take any before pictures, but I did snap this one after lunch while Michelle snuggled with the doggies. Layla's fur is already starting to fill in a bit.

Anyway, I need to close this here, check on Mike in the garage, and go pick up Michelle from her party.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: