Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

PAD 5/29/12-6/4/12

So, life around here has been a floury, eggy, sugary whirlwind. I had 1 bridal shower, 1 birthday, and 2 graduations to make cakes for. The graduations needed to feed 200 each so they each had several cakes. It was hectic, but a lot of fun. Thankfully, one of the young ladies from church came by on Friday and helped me out. I don't think I would have finished everything until late into the night had she not come. Thank you, Romni!!! I am planning on starting a new blog just for my cakes, so I will post those pictures over there, hopefully later this week.

Needless to say, with all that baking, nothing else got done here in the house, including the blog, so now I have a week's worth of updating to do. I'm just going to post a pic or two for each day and a quick journal.

5/29/12



You'll be happy to know the creek is back down to its normal trickle. Michelle was excited to find some fish in it and spent several hours happily scooping them up, saying hello to them and putting them back in. That's the culvert behind her, and yes, the water was a foot or so over that during the storm.

5/30/12


Lots of critters are enjoying all this water.

5/31/12


Thursday night was our annual Keepers of the Faith Banquet. I didn't get close enough to get very good shots, but here's Michelle receiving the pins she's earned this year. Hopefully we will be able to do more next year.

6/1/12
 
This not-so-little guy spent the afternoon bathing in the creek. He or she is about as long as the dogs are. It was hard to tell since he was partially buried in the sand. He was gone the next morning though. Hopefully he made it up the creek to the pond.

6/2/12


We spent most of Saturday at different parties. Michelle and I spent the morning at a wonderful bridal shower, and then we were all off to graduation open houses. Here's Michelle with a couple of her friends enjoying the beautiful day.

6/3/12


I realized Sunday that I did way too much this weekend and didn't eat properly. I woke up with a headache and feeling slightly dizzy and queasy. I think my iron was low along with other vitamins. We ended up leaving church early so I could go lay down. I'm happy to say that some pain meds, multi-vitamin, and a 4 hour nap made a world of difference! While I was napping, Mike taught Michelle how to ride her bike with no training wheels. We tried last year in the driveway, but it just didn't work. She couldn't get going fast enough and kept falling down. This time he had her start at the top of the hill and coast down. He said she was riding in no time. Now we can't get her off!

6/4/12


Today, Michelle and I spent the morning cleaning house. I promised a friend I would help her paint some signs on the windows of her new store in preparation for her open house this weekend, so we headed over there after lunch. There were several storms around us as we headed home, and got to see this beautiful rainbow along the way.

Well, I guess that updates us around here. We're off to bed now. Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: