Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Family Friday

It's Friday again so time for some updates on us. I didn't get pictures of Michelle and her friends before bed last Friday, but I did get some Saturday before the girls went home. They had a fun picnic in our canopy, played on the zipline, and made me a great sidewalk mural. Don't they look like they could all be sisters?


Mike put up this zipline behind the house. It's about 200 ft long, but unfortunately, it doesn't work as well as he'd hoped. We haven't figured out a way to make it high or tight enough for anyone heavier than Michelle to zip down it. But, Michelle enjoys it anyway. She's decided she likes it much better on her belly than riding like a swing. She pretends she's flying, swimming, or walking on the moon. It's quite funny to watch.


As you can see, there is an area where the line is high enough that you need a tow if you're a short person. :o) Once you get part way up the hill though, it's pretty low and easy enough to give yourself a running start.


Here they are making me a beautiful mural on the back patio. I'm glad I got these pictures because we had a down pour about 30 minutes after I took the girls home and the mural was gone. :o(


And these pictures are for Grandma to see her little man. She hurt her back this week and can't come visit, so I decided to post these for her. This is what Coco looked like about a week ago. Pretty sad, huh? He was getting so many burrs on him and his hair was in such a tangled mess!


Here he is now. That's much better. I asked that they trim him short this time. It was actually a bit too short, but it's already grown out nicely. I'm sure he's much cooler now and I don't have to spend an hour or so brushing him out at night. That's a win-win situation. :o)

Angel seems to like her job and must be doing pretty well. She worked the store on her own for several hours last night and did a fine job. She came home pretty tired though. We just signed her up for a couple of elective classes over at the school and fine tuned the rest of her schedule for this year. I'm still working on organizing our time, but I should be ready for the first of September when we start.

That's about it for us. I would appreciate any prayers for us this weekend as we're hoping to put a new metal roof on the house, and working on that roof scares me to death! Hopefully this will help with the snow build up and ice dams in the future though.

Hope y'all enjoy your weekend.

Till next time
God's love and blessings

No comments: