Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Misc. Monday-Grantsburg Parade

The town that Mike works in was having their Agricultural Fair this past weekend and the Legion chapter that he is in was leading the parade, so Michelle and I went with him to watch and just enjoy the beautiful day. I absolutely LOVE living here where most of the summer is in the upper 70's. So nice to be outside.

Anyway here are a few of the shots that I got of the parade. I have to say that I've seen Mike in his dress blue uniform more now than I think I ever did when he was active duty. Here he is calling cadence for the guys as they are marching.

That handsome one there in the dress blues, yeah, he's mine. ;o)

Can you tell this was a parade for the Agricultural Fair? There really weren't any floats, except the ones the princesses from the different school districts were on. Most of the parade was tractors and horses with a few cars advertising local businesses or churches. I think this was one of my favorites.

Michelle loved the horses and the princesses. Oh, and the candy. This was the first local parade that she remembers and she was so excited to go home with a bagful of candy--and a frisbee, and chapstick and a couple of cheese sticks from the local dairy. All in all, she hauled in quite a loot. :o)

After the parade was over, Michelle and I had to wait for Mike to return, so we walked down by the pond and took a couple of pictures. Wish I could have gotten closer to the water, but I needed some knee high rain boots to get through the marshy area, and I didn't have my long lens with me so this is the best I got.


I did get a cute shot of a very happy girl. As she said, "this was the best day ever!"

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: