Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

I like pancakes, and I like cinnamon rolls, so when I saw a recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pancakes I thought this was a recipe that was worth trying out. Yum! I found the recipe for these pancakes from Recipe Girl. We tried them out a couple of weeks ago for Sunday breakfast and they were pretty good. There were a couple of things that didn't work very well for me, though. I tried her recipe exactly, but my pancakes came out super thin and I ended up with twice as much of the cinnamon filling as I needed. So, the next weekend I played around with it using good old Bisquick for my pancakes and halved the amount of filling. They were just as yummy, but with less mess and less waste.

Here's my version:

CINNAMON FILLING:
1/4 cup butter
slightly less than 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon

CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

PANCAKE BATTER:
2 cups Bisquick
1 cup milk
2 eggs

Mix together Cinnamon filling ingredients and spoon into piping bag or sandwich bag. I cut a hole in my bag, folded over the end, and kept it closed with a clothespin. Set aside.

Mix together ingredients for Cream Cheese Glaze. Set aside.

Mix together pancake ingredients. Spoon batter onto hot griddle. Wait about 30 seconds and then pipe the Cinnamon Filling in a spiral onto each pancake. Wait till bubbles appear and then flip. I warn you that this will be messy on your griddle. The butter and sugar will cook and smear all over the place, but it makes this yummy, crunchy, sweet coating on the pancakes. Yum! When that side is finished, remove the pancakes and spoon some Cream Cheese Glaze over. You do NOT need syrup with these pancakes.

These were really yummy, messy, but yummy! If you're in the mood for something sweet, I recommend you check out Recipe Girl's site and try out her recipe. She has some awesome pictures of the cooking in action so you can get an idea of what these are supposed to look like.

Well, I've got a lot to do today. Still trying to finish up the laundry room and I realized I have several cakes and other projects to finish up this week before we start school on Monday.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings! :o)

No comments: