Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Easy Ice Cream

I wanted to share a recipe I tried a couple of weeks ago for easy ice cream. I first saw the recipe on this blog and had to try it out. It was super yummy. The cool thing is you don't need an ice cream maker to make it, just a couple of ingredients and about 6 hours to let it freeze.

Amanda has some amazing sounding flavors on her site, like Cinnamon Bun, Nutella Peanut Butter Chip, and Hazelnut Mocha Fudge Swirl. However, I wanted to make a Butter Pecan Ice cream, so I checked out the Eagle Brand website since sweetened condensed milk is one of the two major ingredients in this. Sure enough they have a recipe on there so I gave it a try. It was super yummy, and super easy. I wasn't very good at waiting the 6 hours to let it freeze. I kept sneaking tastes of it throughout the day. Yum! Even not frozen, I think the Butter Pecan would make an excellent topping on apple pie.

Here's the recipe from the Eagle Brand website, but I recommend checking out Amanda's blog for more ideas.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted*
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon maple extract

Instructions

  • WHIP heavy cream until stiff peaks in large bowl. Combine sweetened condensed milk, pecans, butter and maple extract in large bowl. Mix well. Fold in whipped cream.
  • POUR into 9x5-inch loaf pan or 2-quart container; cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store in freezer.
  • *To toast nuts: Place nuts in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned. To avoid over browning remove from pan immediately.
Hope you get a chance to enjoy this before summer is over, not that ice cream isn't delicious any time of year, but there's something about summer and ice cream that just go together.

Till next time
God's love and blessings

No comments: