Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

PAD 4/3/12

So far, so good. Of course, it's only been 3 days, but that's a pretty good blogging record for me. :o) I'm happy to say that by about 5 o clock this evening, I was feeling much better than I have in about a  week. So good, in fact, that I was able to do this...


That, my dears, would be raspberry jam, still boiling and ready to go into cans. I noticed the leaves opening up on the berry canes this morning and realized I should probably get busy canning the rest of the harvest from last summer. I used 1 1/2 of the 6 bags of berries in the freezer for this batch. Looks like I still have a bit more canning to do, but I've got to go get more cans. I think the next batch will be raspberry topping and some syrup. YUM!


My canner only holds 7 jars, so the big jar in the back was the extra from the batch. It will go straight into the fridge. Hmmm, I'm thinking maybe some toast and jam for dessert tonight. ;o)

I'm so glad to be feeling better. Just in time to take care of Mike now too. :o) Poor guy, he had some kind of cold before I caught this nasty thing, seemed to get better, but now he's feeling bad again. I hope he has a better immune system than I do.

Well, I'm off to figure out what we need to do to catch up on the school work we missed while the teacher was sick.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: