Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

PAD 4/17/12-4/21/12

It has been a CRAZY week here! I had 234 cupcakes to do for a library fundraiser, and a baby shower to decorate and do a cake for. The baby shower would have been easy if I had had my brainstorm earlier than 2 days before the party! I could have had all the decorations done well in advance and just had to make the cake, but that didn't happen. No, I kept thinking, "the baby shower isn't until after the library fundraiser, I can think about it then." I didn't realize it was only 3 days after the fundraiser. Time management--not my strong point.

Anyway, here are my photo updates for the last week and a half.

4/17/12


The first tulip about to bloom in the garden. I love this time of year, and I love the new bed we put in closer to the house, and right outside my office window. I often stare at it and the bird feeders while I'm typing in my prayer journal in the morning. God's creations are so amazing!

4/18/12

 Well, there really should be a picture of me here, since this was my 43rd birthday, but I was so busy in the kitchen making cupcake toppers and I didn't exactly look camera worthy. Thinking back, I probably should have had Mike go ahead and take a picture of me in my apron, hair pinned up, powdered sugar in place of make-up, since that's how my family sees me most of the time anyway.


Instead, I have a picture of Angel. Sort of. She's under there somewhere. I was so sick on her birthday that I really didn't do anything to make her feel special so I decided to surprise her on my birthday since she was home. I put money in 18 balloons and blew them up and put them in her room before she woke up. Well, I tried to get them in there before she woke up, but I forgot to put Layla in the laundry room and she jumped on the bed while I was trying to be sneaky. Needless to say, it's kind of hard to stay asleep with a dog licking your face. :o)

4/19/12


Another picture of my pretty flowers. I took this when I took Layla out for a walk. She still likes to take off into the woods so we have to go out with her and watch her. :o( At least it gives me an excuse to get out of the kitchen for a couple of minutes and enjoy the sunshine.

4/20/12


 These are the 234 cupcakes I worked on for the library. Here they are packed and ready to go. There's another box in the front seat. I actually took this picture Saturday morning, but you really don't want to see what my kitchen looked like on Friday. Honest, you really don't! Poor Michelle did most of her school work on her own Thursday and Friday. We'll definitely have some catch up work to do later.

4/21/12


 Here's one of the cupcake displays. The convention center provided the display stands. I will post some more shots of the cupcakes over on the craft blog. There were seven different flavors of cupcakes and each one had a different topper. I had a Dr's appointment after I delivered these so I was out for a good part of the day. Michelle played and Mike worked on the final for his current class while I was out. I'm happy to report that he got an A on it. :o)

I was hoping to get completely updated, but this post is pretty photo heavy and I don't know how well it will load, or if blogger will even let me post something with this many photos. So, I will call this Update Post 1.

Till Post 2
God's love and blessings!

No comments: