Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

PAD 4/22/12-4/26/12

Update Part 2

Well, the last update posted fine, so here's part 2.

4/22/12


Look who followed me home from the store on Sunday. Isn't he cute? He was on sale and he simply had to come home with me. He seems quite happy in the flower bed. :o)

4/23/12

Click on the picture and you can see the details better. 

OK, so this is what happens when you're a perfectionist. I had NO time to make these cupcakes. I had so many fun ideas to decorate for the baby shower our church was hosting this week, but, unfortunately, as I mentioned before, I didn't come up with these great ideas until Sunday night--the shower was Tuesday. There wasn't enough time to ask others to help me, but I just HAD to do them. They were too cute not to. I thought a "showers of blessings" theme would be fun, and since we had 2 babies to celebrate, that led me to think of Noah's ark, which totally goes with the shower theme. So, I spent most of the two days designing on my computer, cutting out and hand crafting the decorations. It's funny, I will think and think about an upcoming project and not have any ideas, but as soon as I buckle down and spend some time praying about it and asking the Lord's guidance, POOF! it's like a flood of ideas (no pun intended ;o) Anyway, as I was saying, I had NO time to make these cupcakes for the party. I kept trying to think of alternative, faster things to make instead, but once I made a couple of the heads, I just couldn't quit. They were too stinkin' cute!!! I think I squealed a few times in the kitchen. :o) I only wish I had more time 'cause I had a bunch more animals I wanted to do.

4/24/12


Here's a shot of some of the decorations. Thankfully one of my friends came by and helped Michelle and I put them up. She punched out all those raindrops for me. I didn't get a great picture of it, but the raindrops over the food table spelled out the word "blessings".


I even pulled the shower theme to the middle of the cupcakes. See the puddle and the raindrops? Saw this idea on the internet and thought it would be fun.

I have to say that while I enjoy making the decorations and cakes and stuff, my favorite part of the shower is knowing the two new little ones in our church. I will continue to pray for them and can't wait till they're in my Sunday School class. :o)

4/25/12


After a week and a half of baking and crafting, my house was a mess! We're all pretty used to the kitchen and craft room being messy, but this week seemed to have exploded into the rest of the house. Poor Mike was fishing clean socks out of the basket because they never managed to get folded and put away. So, I promised him a clean house and a home cooked meal when he got home. We almost accomplished that. The upstairs got cleaned, but we never made it to the craft room. I did make Creamy Chicken Enchiladas and home made cheese bread for dinner, and since the bread maker was already out I decided to use it to make the dough for cinnamon rolls. YUM! I would post a picture of them all baked, but they were eaten before the camera managed to make it upstairs.

4/26/12


 Michelle and I may not have gotten much of our history lessons done this past week, but we did start a new science module. We're learning about plants. Here's our "lab" and some of our "babies". The juice carton is acting as our little incubating room right now. Next week it will become our greenhouse. I really like the TOPS science books. Lots of fun, broken down into easy steps, and lots of learning happening. Those are simply pinto beans and popcorn from the grocery store growing. Who knew?


Well, I think that just about does it. I'm all caught up again. Yay! Hopefully I'll do a little better in the time management department, especially since we have a Ladies' Salad Supper coming up in a week and a half and I'm doing the decorations. Maybe I should spend some time on that tomorrow. ;o)

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: