Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

PAD 5/14/12-5/16/12

5/14/12


Monday was another beautiful day. The girls and I had some errands to run in town, so we decided to stop at the lake for a picnic lunch. Yes, she's wearing a tutu.

5/15/12


This is where Michelle and I did our history lessons today. I love spring in Wisconsin. :o) Just wish I had more time in the day to get the gardening done that I'd like to do... and the scrap booking, card making, painting, sewing etc. Oh well, one project at a time. Our school year is almost done, and then there will be a little more free time in the day.

Mike and I had a date night Tuesday. We needed to drop our lawn mower off at his mom's while hers is in the shop. Michelle asked if she could spend the night at Grandma's so after dropping them off, we went out to dinner and then spent a quiet night at home. ;o)

5/16/12


Does anyone know what this flower is called? A friend gave these to me and I think they are beautiful, especially when they are blooming next to my red tulips, but I don't know what they're called.

I spent some time outside this morning working in the gardens. We picked up tomato plants from the store last weekend because Layla dug up the ones I transplanted from seed. Mike, Angel and I worked on getting some chicken wire around the vegetable bed this weekend to keep her and the bunnies out. Since that is up, and there is no frost in our forecast for the next 10 days, I figured it was safe to get them in the garden. I also started pruning some of the old canes from the blackberry brambles. I forgot to put my long sleeve shirt on first. Thankfully we did find some really long garden gloves for me last year, so my arms only look terrible from the elbow up. Blackberries have some serious thorns! :o) I worked for about an hour out there and didn't really make a dent. Oh well, I will work at it a little each morning.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: