Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

PAD 5/6/12-5/10/12

I have no excuses as to why I haven't updated this week other than trying to be more diligent with my time and getting house and school work done. Michelle and I are trying to finish up the last few weeks of school so we can take our summer off.

5/6/12


Most of Sunday was spent at church. The first Sunday of the month we have Fellowship Supper and our evening service is moved to the afternoon, so we're there from 9:30 till 3ish usually. Often times Mike and I take the "day of rest" literally and take a nap, this was one of those days. After the nap, I was straightening up the kitchen from the baking frenzy when I spotted this teacup Mike had given me for my birthday last month. I love the colors in it. The deep blues really stand out on my shelves against the lighter colors of most of the other teacups.

5/7/12


Monday turned out to be a beautiful spring day here so Michelle and I spent most of  it outside working in the yard and veggie garden. I pulled out weeds and added compost to the beds. In one corner I spotted this little guy. His green was amazing! Once again I wish I could recapture God's creation in my camera, but I just can't seem to do it justice.

5/8/12



Tuesday was mostly house cleaning and school work for us. I had a lady stopping by in the evening to talk about a wedding cake, so as soon as Mike got home, we headed off to the polls to vote, grabbed some dinner at Subway and headed back home. Just in time! I took these picture that morning when I went in to make my bed. Seems someone likes my pillows. :o)

5/9/12


Here's another comparison of my garden, only this time, the top one was taken on May 9th 2011 and the bottom one was May 9th 2012. Big difference! I think there are two things that contributed to how much fuller the garden is now. First, last year I transplanted several more daisies, columbines, and other plants from around our property, and they are filling in nicely. Secondly, we had such warm weather so early this year. Several of the larger plants you see in the bottom picture are barely out of the ground in the top one. There's still so many plants out in the fields...I foresee another garden plot in the near future. :o)

5/10/12


Do you know what that is? That is the beginning of our new bakery!!! We decided several months ago that it is time for us to turn my hobby into a business and this is one of the first steps. We already have a couple of stainless steel cabinets and a commercial oven, thanks to a good friend of ours in the scrap business, but now we need to start on the building. We are planning on turning the back room of our pole shed into the bakery. Before we can start adding the plumbing, we need to find somewhere to store all the stuff that's being stored in the room right now. That's where this pile of wood comes in. Mikel's going to use it to build shelves in the "garage" side of the building to move all our storage stuff to. Then we will need to frame in a bathroom and get plumbing in. Then there's a bazillion other things to do, but, one step at a time.

That is our update for this week. I'm excited to have Angel coming home tonight. I promised to make her some Japanese cheese bread, so I better get busy on that.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!

No comments: