Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

PAD 5/21/12

Michelle and I had quite a fun and productive day. We spent the morning doing chores and running errands, then did some school work outside. It was too pretty to be inside. We had some fun visitors while we did our school work, but unfortunately, I didn't have the camera ready to capture them. First, we heard a group of crows cawing over head. We looked to see about 15 of them trying to chase a hawk away. They did not sound happy. Then, a hummingbird came along to drink some nectar from our columbine flowers. Really wishing I had my camera out at this time. A bit later, as I was doing some cleaning on the deck I heard noise coming from the driveway. I looked over to see Layla come around the garage chasing a wild turkey up the hill and into the woods. Really, REALLY wishing I had the camera at that point! Michelle then saw an owl fly across the pasture into the woods. What a fun afternoon outside. I'm so glad God allowed us to live here. Totally awesome!

We were going to come in and get some house cleaning done, but decided it was still too pretty to be in so we started to paint the deck. It was built with treated lumber, but the wood is definitely starting to show some wear and tear. Since it is the main entrance to the house, and it is on the second floor, we figured it's probably a good idea to get the wood sealed so it can last as long as possible. We bought the supplies a while ago, we've just never gotten around to doing the work. So, since the weather is supposed to be nice for a couple of days, we decided we'd start on it today. Michelle was a SUPER helper for me. She did lots of painting, and even made dinner for us. :o)

Working hard.

My little chef made pizza and chips for dinner. Yum!

Mike called and said their first stop today was at the Brookefield zoo near Chicago. Here's one of the pictures he took there. Hopefully he'll remember to get a couple of pictures with him in them this week. ;o)


Well, I'm going to get off of here. I have an 8 year old in my bed waiting for some snuggle time.

Till next time...
God's love and blessings

No comments: